Bath Safety Tips
Bathroom safety is important for people of all ages, but it is especially crucial for older adults, children, and individuals with disabilities. Here are some tips to make your bathroom safer:
- Install grab bars: Grab bars provide extra support and stability, especially when getting in and out of the shower or bathtub. They should be installed in strategic locations, such as near the toilet, in the shower, and by the bathtub.
- Use non-slip mats: Bathroom floors can become slippery when wet, so it is important to use non-slip mats in the shower, bathtub, and near the sink. This will help prevent slips and falls.
- Keep the bathroom well-lit: Poor lighting can make it difficult to see, which can increase the risk of falls. Make sure the bathroom is well-lit, with a light switch near the door and additional lighting above the mirror.
- Make sure the water temperature is safe: The water temperature in the bathroom should be set at a safe level to prevent scalding. It is recommended to set the temperature of the hot water at no more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep the bathroom clutter-free: A cluttered bathroom can be a tripping hazard. Make sure the bathroom is free of clutter and that items are stored in their designated place.
- Install a hand-held showerhead: A hand-held showerhead allows for more flexibility and control when showering, which is especially useful for individuals with limited mobility.
- Have a phone or emergency alert system nearby: In case of an emergency, it is important to have a phone or emergency alert system close at hand. This can be a lifeline in case of a fall or other emergency.
By following these tips, you can make your bathroom a safer place for everyone in your home. Want to see how we helped a customer build a safer bathroom? Watch this video of one of our happy customers: Charlie Parker:
Remember, it is always better to be safe than sorry, so take the time to make sure your bathroom is as safe as possible! Here at Reborn Home Solutions, we want to help you have the safest shower possible! Click here to schedule your free in-home consultation and let us help make your bathroom safe!