Last updated: May 1, 2023
At Reborn Cabinets (or “Reborn”), we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Who We Are
Since 1983 we have been providing quality products and quality service – offering kitchen and bath remodeling services. Quality matters to us, it is our commitment to provide a better community by helping one family at a time to have a comfortable and efficient home.
- reborncabinets.com (together with any other Reborn-branded websites) is our flagship website, where we make available our complete range of products and services directly to consumers.
- At Reborn we also work with affiliates, distributors or suppliers. These are companies that may manufacture, distribute, finance and install our products and services to consumers, and may also host our internet web sites and provide us information on consumers interested in our products and services. Some of those affiliates have their own individual websites.
If you provide personal data directly to our affiliates, distributors or suppliers, the terms of their respective privacy policies will apply to such disclosures. You should carefully review the privacy policies of the affiliate partner, distributor or supplier prior to providing personal data to such third parties.
Important Information About this Policy
Collection of Your Personal Data
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal data” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual.
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data from how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive personal data from third parties.
The personal data we collect about you may be categorized as follows:
- Contact information – first name, last name, email address, position, physical address, billing address, and telephone number.
- Customer account information – customer ID, account username, account password, account number, and other information that we may request or that you may provide relating to your account.
- Transactional information – details about your transactions with us, including services purchased, method of payment, payments received, payment details, transaction history, and other information relating to the services purchased by you.
- Payment card or financial account information – details of the payment card or financial account you use to pay for our services or for transactions with Reborn. We do use a third-party payment processor to handle payment card or financial account information.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the services in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, calls, and features available on our websites or mobile applications.
- Credit application information – If you apply for credit with a third-party partner or service provider of Reborn, we may receive or have access to the information contained in that application, such as your Social Security Number, employment history, and other information obtained to determine credit worthiness.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our websites and mobile applications, including the device used to connect to our websites and mobile applications, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our websites or mobile applications, and information about your interaction with our websites or mobile applications.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us, but doing so may prevent you from receiving relevant offerings from Reborn and its partners.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of information such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal data.”
We collect the personal data described above in the following ways:
- Information that you provide to us: We collect your personal data when you interact with our websites or mobile applications, fill in forms on our websites or mobile applications, engage in transactions with us, communicate with us, or give it to us in any other way. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you complete any sort of credit application with a third-party to finance a purchase of Reborn products and services, we may see that information as well.
- Information about others: You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our websites. If you “Refer a Friend” or if you purchase products or services for someone else through Reborn, you will need to submit that individual’s personal data. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal data.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain information from your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites or mobile applications using various technologies. For example, we collect your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. To help us analyze the usage of our websites and related services, and to send more relevant communications to you, we also collect and keep track of your online activity at our website, such as content viewed and pages visited. The technologies we use include:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers: We use log files to track actions occurring on our websites and mobile applications and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies: Our websites and mobile applications may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may call, text, email or send to you marketing messages with information about Reborn deals and product news, offers and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting or informative.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested them, or if you purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from Reborn, we will continue to contact you regarding your purchases and regarding administrative and service-related information such as warranty servicing and installation scheduling. We reserve the right to send you other non-marketing communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Reborn account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
With Whom We Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, distributors or suppliers, and use it for promotional purposes. Reborn may disclose your personal data to other parties, including service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will disclose your personal data to the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will disclose your personal data to protect our customers, the websites and mobile applications, as well as our company and our rights and property.
- Social Media Services. If you connect to Reborn using Facebook, we may show you reviews, photos and comments that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on Reborn. Note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using Reborn, they may also disclose personal data about you to us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent those disclosures, please review your Facebook privacy settings. You may also be able to choose to access third-party social media websites and services through Reborn (such as Facebook and Twitter). When you do so, you are disclosing personal data to those sites, and the personal data you disclose is governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
- Service Providers. Some of the personal data we collect is disclosed to service providers (including our affiliates, distributors or suppliers) who are directly involved in fulfilling the purchases you have made from us. We only provide our service providers with the necessary information to assist us to perform a contract with you.
- Third Party Vendors. We may also disclose your personal data to third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect personal data on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our websites and mobile applications. Some of these third-party vendors may also use your personal information in the course of providing their services to other companies (e.g., social media companies that use information provided by various companies to serve you advertisements based on your interests).
- Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal data to those who provide us professional services, such as lawyers, accountants, or other similar advisors.
- Referring Websites. If you were referred to Reborn from another website, we may disclose your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and home remodeling and improvement preferences, to that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal data and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Reborn.
- Authorized Dealers. Reborn uses a network of authorized dealers to advertise and sell its products or services. We may disclose your personal data to such dealers so that they may advertise products or services (including Reborn’s) to you.
- Companies within our Corporate Family. We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates within the Renovo group of companies as well as our parent company. This activity enables us to provide you with information about products and services offered by other Reborn companies which might interest you.
We may also disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- in the context of a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- in response to lawful requests from law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may disclose aggregate or anonymous information with third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular products we sell. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Protection of Personal Data
At Reborn we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your personal data. We use appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal data in our possession from unauthorized loss, damage, alteration, or destruction.
However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data you provide to us will be secure at all times. Tell us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security.
Your Choices About Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails. As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out” link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- Interest-Based Advertising. To opt-out of personalized or interest-based advertisements, you may be able to adjust the settings on your device. Please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, has its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. You can also visit https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of interest-based advertisements.
- Google Analytics. As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with our websites and mobile applications. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Declining to Provide Information. You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our websites and mobile applications, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our websites and mobile applications, request information about our services, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms. Please note that our websites and mobile applications do not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of our websites and mobile applications.
Rights Afforded to California Residents
If you are a California resident, please refer to our “Privacy Notice for California Residents” for a description of rights available to you under California law.
Our websites and mobile applications are directed towards general audiences and are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Reborn is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations located the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to the United States. You also understand that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from those of the country where you reside. When we transfer personal information to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Officer
5515 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807