Replacing the windows at your home isn’t a task you’ll have to do very often, thankfully. With most replacement windows lasting, on average, 15 to 30 years, it’s only a project you’ll need to worry about if you plan on living at your home for more than a couple of decades—or if you move into a house with outdated windows. Well-maintained windows can last beyond the average lifespan, but most windows start having issues around the 20-year mark. And don’t worry: Your windows will let you know when it’s time to have them replaced.
Signs That It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Some of the most common indicators that it’s time for a window replacement include:
- Seeing condensation between the panes of glass – This is a telltale sign in double- or triple-pane windows that the seal between the panes of glass has failed. This lessens the energy efficiency of the windows and may suggest that a window replacement is near.
- Feeling a draft near the windows – Unless your windows are open to let in the fresh air, there’s no reason to feel a draft when you walk by a window. This is an indication that there’s an air leak or broken seal, which means it’s time to replace the window.
- Noticing warped or rotted window frames – While rotted window frames are more prevalent in wood windows, other types of window frames can warp due to temperature fluctuations. Warped window frames can make opening and closing the window difficult and lead to drafts.
- Continually receiving higher-than-average energy bills – Your windows play a vital role in the energy efficiency of your home, helping to keep out the outside air so that your heating and cooling system doesn’t have to work so hard to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. If your energy bills just keep rising, it may be due to your inefficient windows. Replacing them with energy-efficient windows may provide the savings on your utility bills that you’ve been looking for.
- Having difficulty opening and closing your windows – If your windows continually get jammed whenever you open and close them, it may be time for a window replacement, as this likely means the frame is unbalanced.
Where to Turn for a Window Replacement
If your windows are showing their age and you want to have them replaced, turn to the seasoned team at Reborn Home Solutions for top-quality replacement windows. Our ViewMax Windows are made in California, for California homeowners, and meet the architectural and functional requirements of Western-area homes. Available in many popular styles, colors, and configurations, our windows will provide the updated look your home needs. Plus, our windows are exceedingly durable and energy efficient. They feature:
- Dual-Pane Pro-Solar Low-E glass with our exclusive Intercept Spacer that provides exceptional energy efficiency—comparable to the competition’s triple-pane windows
- A unique frame design that allows for 40% more glass for more expansive views
- AutoSense locks that automatically activate when the window is closed, so you can rest easy knowing your windows are always locked and secure
- Premium vinyl frames that stand up to the elements without cracking, chipping, warping, splitting, or rotting
Get Started With Reborn
Is it time for a window replacement at your home? Reborn Home Solutions is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation with our team.